Who are we?
As a division of Fednot, the service unit ICT develops state of the art solutions to help the notaries in their daily activities.
We build solutions, platforms and e-portals, to help the notaries and their employees serve the citizen and to simplify interactions between notaries, their clients and public services. The automation and administrative simplification of the notaries’ workflow is key to succeeding in this endeavor.
What makes us unique are the notaries’ profession and its legal context that make for constant and complex challenges we face every day. And aspects of data privacy, information integrity and security, make it even more challenging.
Do you have a passion for what you do, do you go for commitment, think and act in a flexible way, and want to contribute to the success of our company? Then this could be your next step.
As a Java Developer, you build applications specific to the notary profession. You are responsible for the development of software that answers to our clients’ functional and technical expectations. You support your team by bringing your expertise and your experience to the table. Your participation to the continious improvement of processes and the setup of a state-of-the-art development environment is appreciated.
- Design and develop technical solutions, starting from the functional requirements, and following our quality/security/legal guidelines and standards ;
- Develop efficient, pragmatic, user friendly and easy to maintain java applications
- Document the code of the applications in order to ease their maintenance
- Write and perform unit tests in order to detect bugs and prepare future releases;
- Contribute to the development of our Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes.
- Bachelor/Master degree within IT;
- At least 5 years of experience as a java developer;
- Knowledge of :
- Web-services technologies such as SOAP, RPC, WSDL, XML, XSD, …
- Usability and CSS web-design
- AJAX-frameworks, preferably GWT
- Spring and Hibernate
- Databases (SQL Server)
- Fluent in Dutch/French (a passive knowledge of one of both national languages is a must) and English ;
- Pragmatic, with a sense of detail;
- You welcome creativity and new ideas ;
- Pro-active, autonomous, flexible thinker and doer ;
- A real teamplayer.
What we offer
- Challenging and interesting projects to work on, using the latest methodologies and technologies, within a growing and economical stable sector;
- Room for future development, room for employees to develop creativity and autonomy, fostering an open atmosphere;
- A competitive salary package, extralegal advantages, insurance coverage, public transport, luncheon vouchers, and the possibility to build up holidays. Company car, bonus system and a net allowance.
Where are you going to work?
According to Covid rules, at Office (Brussels) and from Home.
Where to find us?
We’re located right in the center of Brussels, next to the Saint Michel & Gudule Cathedral. The Metro Station is right by the corner and the Central Train Station is just two blocks away. We are settled in bright new offices within the Marquis building.
Interested? Please apply before 31st of August 2021!
If you apply with us, your CV and motivation letter, which include identification details, details related to the profession and academic curriculum, will be kept in our database for 3 years for reasons of justified interest (e.g. contacting us for a new job). These data will not be exchanged with third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so. You can always exercise all rights included in the GDPR in particular, right to access and information, right to data erasure, right to limitation of processing, right to rectification, right to objection and right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority, by contacting email@example.com. We ensure that all your personal data are treated in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.